Monday, February 18, 2008

And then there was more Pizza, and it was good.

So I think I pulled a fast one on Olives and Popeye this weekend. I went to Market Lunch on Saturday and Pizza Paradiso on Sunday with 2 of my friends.

Market Lunch
Blue-Bucks (Blueberry buckwheat pancakes) with Maple Syrup and Pecans and Butter
I only had to wait about a half hour in line to get breakfast around 11 on Saturday (breakfast is only on Saturdays apparently - if you read my blog from last week, sigh - and the wait is always long)
Thus, I basically had the best pancake experience of my life. And it was good.

Pizza Paradiso
On our way to Zorba's last night in Dupont, my friends and I took a right onto P from 21st. Lo and behold we stumbled upon Pizza Paradiso and quickly changed our meal plans. The wait was only about 15 minutes (good in my book). The atmosphere was really nice, but a little noisy and warm (you eat in the room with the brick oven). The waiters were quite pleasant and very attentive.
I had the special for the night of spinach, tomatoes, fontina cheese, (maybe pecorino cheese too, I forget), and roasted garlic. I've never had pizza with cheese other than mozzarella, so this was surprisingly good. It tasted somewhere between parmesan and gruyere. Over all the pizza is very 2Amy's-esque with great tastes and wonderful crusts.
My friends shared the margherita pizza, which was plain, but quite delicious none-the-less.

And to dessert! I had the tiramisu. Very very good if you like tiramisu.
Friends shared a chocolate gelato. More of an ice cream than a gelato, but a very interesting and unique taste making up for the consistancy. Thus it was good.

Back Track: News Cafe
Friday night was my pasta night in Georgetown. News Cafe is an Italian restaurant with the pasta dishes holding people's attention the most. I had the Penne Caprino: Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Basil in Spicy Tomato Sauce. Which was very very good, but maybe a little over priced (but I guess I have to accept this as it is on M Street in Georgetown). Atmosphere was loud, but cool. Actually I was with 5 other people so we had a private room with couches instead of chairs, it was very twilight-zone. But it was good.

--Cub Reporter

1 comment:

esssquared said...

Our little cubbie is all grown up. Rockin' commentary. Parmesan and gruyere, eh? Very sophisticated.