Monday, February 18, 2008

The: 'If you're ever in New Orleans....' Post

I visited my sister two weeks ago for Mardi Gras debauchery. I think we could solve world peace with barrels of plastic beads, gold colored masks, and small stuffed animals.

Here are my culinary highlights.

La Boulangerie
If you think this is king cake: lame, then you have never lived.
This is king cake: heaven.

French king cake is, in simplest terms, a round puff pastry with almond paste on the inside. La Boulangerie (literally bakery in French) is run by French people and known how to make French pastries. I binge ate this stuff every day when I was in NOLA.

Taqueria Corona
The best Uptown burrito, or just the best burrito you'll have outside of Mexico. Chipotle or California Tortilla got nothing on this place.

Late Night: Morning Call
Lesser known equivalent to Cafe du Monde. Still good, for you to decide.
Beignets are always good.

Piece de Resistance: Cafe du Monde
I'm a damn tourist. And I love it. Cafe du Monde is quite necessary when visitng NOLA. I love cafes au lait and beignets. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Tootles, Cub.



No comments: